June 2, 2010

Day 20 - waiting to round Cape Caution

Dan and I have made it through the narrow Johnstone Straight and are waiting for our weather window to cross Cape Caution - an outside section of the Inside Passage.


Pat Freeny said...

Ahhh.The Cape!
We plan to be in Kitimat on August 23
and then in Bishop Bay (nice hot springs- plan to stop there going up or down) and/or Hartley Bay until October.
I'll send you my sat phone number later so you can call when you have cell coverage.
Have fun!

Anonymous said...

hey Pat -

we wanted to stop in bishop bay - but we met this caretaker at Butedale named Lou - and he seemed a bit lonely so we stayed the night in the dilapitated ruins and had a bonfire with him -

he saw the white - spirit bear at butedale a few weeks ago -

i plan to visit kitimat and Nirvana on the way south

hope all goes well on your way out of town